Astrological Analysis About Sri LankaDate : November 4, 2017 | Author : Astrologer Pt Umesh Chandra Pant
Introduction About Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is an island country of Southern Asia. Officially called the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, the country geographically poses standing in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal while from the southeast it is bound by Arabian Sea. The Southern part and Peninsula of Asia, known as Indian Subcontinent, shares Sri Lanka’s historical and cultural interaction since a long time. In addition, the naval pathways going across Indian Ocean exposed Sri Lanka to other Asian civilizations and their cultural influences. Formerly known as Ceylon, a name given to Sri Lanka by mapmakers, the country boasts distinctive civilization with its roots dating back to 6th century BCE. The 3000 years old history of the country demonstrates that there was prehistoric human settlement boasting rich cultural heritage and country’s Buddhist writings. Like India, Sri Lanka also remained subjugated to British rule until its independence in 1948. Seven years after the independence, the country admitted to the United Nations.
Sri Lanka is also associated with South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation, Commonwealth and G77. Moreover, Buddhism is the foremost place accorded by the constitution of Sri Lanka. The country also boasts of “high” accolade on its Human Development Index statistic ratingwhile per capita income of the country is the highest compared to other South Asian nations. The Sinhalese ethnicity group dominates larger population faction of the country. In here, Tamils are a larger minority groups. The population of the country is quite dense, with majority of its population living under poverty line. Agriculture is the most preferred source for livelihood for citizens here. The country displays nature’s abundant scenic marvels due to its physical environment diversified in broad spectrums. Significance of cultural value of Sri Lanka is higher, given the presence of several ethnic groups residing here, each having their respective cultural heritage. The country is also known for having biodiversity that is densely highest and which boasts of flora and fauna consisting of high proportion of species. With 24 wildlife reserves, the country proudly houses a large section of species, including leopards, Asian elephants, teak and mahogany. At last, Sri Lanka is a democratic republic and unitary state having Asia’s oldest democracy.
Astrological Analysis About Sri Lanka
- King of zodiac mighty Sun rules the Ascendant and is in Taurus along with wily Saturn and stationed in the tenth house.
- Ruler of the tenth house Venus is in Gemini with Mars being the ruler of the ninth house is placed in the eleventh house. Venus also holds a portfolio of the third house. Mars is also in charge of the fourth house.
- Mercury rules the second and the eleventh house. Mercury is in fire sign Aries and camps in the ninth house.
- Benevolent Jupiter rules the fifth and the eighth house. Jupiter here is own sign that dual natured last of fire sign Sagittarius in the fifth house.
- Moon rules the 12th Moon is in Virgo and placed in the second house.
- Malefic shadow planets Rahu – Ketu are in Capricorn and Cancer respectively. They are positioned on 6/12 house axis.
Major Transits in near future
- Benevolent Jupiter is currently in an air sign Libra and traverses through the third house.
- Jupiter enters a fix natured water sign Scorpio and is to move through the fourth house from 11th October 2018.
- From 29th March 2019, Jupiter moves in own sign Sagittarius and repeats own Natal position in the fifth house.
- From 26th October wily Saturn enters last of fire sign Sagittarius and passes through the fifth house. In process crosses over the radical position of Jupiter and directly aspect natal Mars and Venus. Saturn leaves Sagittarius and enters own sign last of earth sign Capricorn from 24th January 2020.
- Shadow planets Rahu-Ketu currently transit in Cancer and Capricorn respectively on 12/6 house axis.
- From 7th March 2019, Rahu moves into air sign Gemini and moves through the eleventh house. Ketu moves into a last of fire sign Sagittarius and passes through the fifth house.
- From around May 2018, Mars enters its sign of exaltation Capricorn and moves through the sixth house. Mars then crosses over the radical position of Rahu and aspect radical position of Mercury in the ninth house.
- From around August 2018, Venus enters own sign Libra and passes through the third house until end of December 2018
- Ruler of the Ascendant mighty Sun is well positioned in the tenth house. This gives strategic importance to the country for the landing of ships for trade. However, association with wily Saturn leads to ethnic conflicts causing concern.
- Benevolent Jupiter in own sign Sagittarius and its positive vibes lends strength. Jupiter works well for enhancing reputation, valor and its position in the world.
- Influence of Jupiter over the eleventh house along with Mars and Venus works positively for increasing income, gains and friendly international alliances.
- Now for the ensuing couple of years transit of Saturn in Sagittarius through the fifth house can lead to major change in international alliances. Source of income can get adversely affected.
- Transiting Saturn eyes radical Moon positioned in the second house. Some friendly alliance for major development, infrastructure is to prove much costly and need to change the same for good.
- Movement of Saturn can upset emotional stability and setbacks for financial markets of the country.
- The major resurrection of financial markets is to be needed during the year 2019 for Sri Lanka.
- Movement of malefic shadow planet Ketu in the fifth house along with Saturn is to prove much challenging.
- Communal harmony is also to get hit. Turbulence in some part of the country is likely to be experienced.
- Amid all chaos, movement of Jupiter is to work well in steadying and progress in the international alliance is envisaged.
- Movement of Jupiter is also to work well for an increase in income, gains and fruitful alliances.
- During 2017 -18 Rahu –Ketu interchange their radical positions.
- Transit of malefic Rahu through the 12th house can lead to financial losses, expenditure, mishaps; worry over foreign debt and an increase in smuggling.
- A period from around May to end of October 2018 looks significant about the country getting involved in a war.
- A major change in education-related policy is also envisaged.
- Unprecedented floods and rains can also trouble the country during 2018 -19. International help is needed to manage the difficult conditions.